Sunday, November 27, 2011

YouTube employment


YouTube as everyone knows is a video sharing website that is used everyday. It has become more than just sharing videos in so many different ways. For some people they have actually become employees for YouTube. Yes you can get paid for posting videos on YouTube, seems easy right? Wrong. You must qualify in YouTubes criteria to get paid. There are several things you must have/do to qualify. You must create your own original videos and must own all copyrights, you have to upload videos on a regular basis, you need to get thousands of views on all of your videos and must have around 800 subscribers and must be 18 and older. A couple examples of YouTube members who are paid to post their videos are the following: Shaytards, Jenna Marbles and RayWilliamJohnson. Now I watch all of their videos but I think it is stupid that they get paid for using YouTube mostly because I don't have any good ideas to make my own channel. But in all honesty I believe that YouTube is very smart because if they keep paying these people to make videos it makes the viewers come back to watch more. Which is what I think separates YouTube from any other video sharing website. I would say it's a one of a kind job, and I'd love it. Imagine just having to video tape your family and make people laugh for a living. Sounds good to me, it's too bad I'm not funny. Now everyone's is going to be lazy and start making videos so they don't have to work. I wouldn't do that because I think 85% of people would fail but that's your choice. If you do succeed, I'll be sure to watch ;).

3 comments:

  1. Ha youtube is awesome! that would be the best job, record yourself saying random stuff for like 10 mins and your done for the day! Although i agree that 85% of people who tried doing this would fail... miserably but it's always worth a try.
    i just wonder if you could actually make enough to live off of this, like buy a house, car, food, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it is worth a try. I mean what do you have to lose. As far as making enough money to live off of goes, I believe that it depends on how many views on every video you have. The YouTube "Shaytards" has a couple hundred thousand views on everyone of their videos. Also Shay's wife only sings on the side and Shay says in one of his videos that he does not have another job, so I think that you can make a living off of YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny, I can't believe people actually get paid to do that. I wish I could come up with some great idea, but I'm too lazy to think of anything, then again I'm also too lazy to work! That Marbles girl is fine to I bet more then half of her viewers are guys.. Just saying ;) good blog!

    ReplyDelete