Thursday, January 26, 2012

Gaming

Video games have evolved so much in recent years and millions around the world play every single day. A lot of people think that playing to many video games can make you immature and very unsocial. I believe that there is nothing wrong with playing video games from time to time. Video gaming is actually a profession for some people which is where YouTube comes into play. There are so many people who upload videos onto YouTube to show of their skills. There are certain companies for example that work with Call of Duty that pay the best people in the world at the game to upload their videos to YouTube because it is publicity for the game and everyone sees that if you're good that it can be a great game. Including gaming onto YouTube gives a variety of videos for everyone in the world and gives those hardcore gamers an interest for YouTube.

Machinima is one of the companies that pay these members.



Personally, I think the people who watch these videos every day needs to find something better to do with their time. It is pretty funny how they fight though over the comments. They all start to rage at each other with all their gaming talk. I know Mr. Knoecker is going to love this article! I don't mind so much Call of Duty, but I hate when people play games like World of Warcraft. It's a computer game and i'm not a big fan of those. World of Warcraft actually advertises on YouTube to get more people to play the game.

2 comments:

  1. Being the gamer that I am, when you first spoke of YouTube videos of video games my first thought was machinima! :$ I don't watch it like daily, only when a game I really want just came out and I'm really wanting too see it before I pay the 59.99 sometimes 69.99 for the game now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that watching WoW on as a video is boring, but Star Craft 2 is actually cool because it's a real-time strategy and gives a lot of tips how to play (yes I do play it). In Korea playing Star Craft could be considered a full-time job for some, it's insane how much they play and how fast they are. Plus for gaming there's all the trailers for new games, which is good publicity.

    ReplyDelete